Monday, July 20, 2009

Frank McCourt Died Sunday

I consider Angela's Ashes to be one of the great books I've ever read. I suggest that you listen to it rather than read it however. McCourt reads it for you with his authentic Irish accent and his special warmth and humor. Don't miss it.

If you haven't listened to recorded books you are certain to have missed a treat. While books read by others are fine, those read my their authors are special. Some of my favorite author read books are The Bone Setter's Daughter by Amy Tan, Never Have Your Dog Stuffed by Alan Alda, The Measure of a Man by Sidney Poitier and of course Angela's Ashes. All are better listened to than read.

Of those not read by the author, but by someone else, The Number One Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith is a must!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...