Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's Hot Down Here!


Got a few minutes to kill in Phoenix.  Holy Cow we had a lot of great views flying here from Salt Lake City.  It was cool to see Capitol Reef, The Henry and Little Rocky Mountains, The Water Pocket Fold, Bryce Canyon, Cedar Breaks, Zion, Grand Staircase/Escalante and The Grand Canyon all from the air.  Not unlike looking at a map and yet with such breathtaking detail.  So glad we had such a nice clear day for the scenery.  Now I have a crick in my neck but it was worth it!

I am always amazed at the number of people who never look out the window.  The majority had their heads buried in a paper or book or were fast asleep.  I wonder if they're jaded or just afraid of heights.  I cannot imagine myself ever tiring of this preposterous, audacious thing we call flight.  It is amazing that we willingly, calmly climb into a 100 foot long tube and entrust ourselves to a pilot and a cluster of mechanics and engineers  Add to that the fact that some, like me actually get a kick out of it.  My sensible self keeps suggesting that I am certifiably crazy.  I've never made any secret of that!

They're calling us to board our flight for Chicago.  Now we'll fly off into the coming darkness.  Up, Up and Away!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...