Friday, July 9, 2010

Book Review - Frankenstein - Lost Souls, Book 4, by Dean Koontz

Somehow I thought Dean Koontz's Frankenstein Series was a trilogy.  So, you can imagine my surprise when my daughter presented book four to me for Father's Day!  I was thunderstruck!  I guess that's better than Victor Frankenstein's monster who was lightningstruck.  Or is that the same thing?

Koontz's style becomes ever more breezy as he matures.  But the content remains full of depth and meaning.  As the legacy of Dr. Frankenstein remains, in the current time frame, Dean examines what it means to be human, to be flawed, to be influenced by love and fear.  It is easy for me to wish for perfection and power, until my favorite author explains the hideous ramifications of such a misbegotten dream.

Michael and Carson are still at it, as is Deucalion.  Heroes in the fight to stop Frankenstein's diabolical and ever more modern assault on humankind.  And, this book is but the beginning, the most recent battle has just begun.  I'm happy to report that there will be more Frankenstein in my future and hopefully yours.  Of course, while I am very excited to have made this discovery, I hope Dean is devoting at least a little time to more of Odd Thomas.  Though it wouldn't surprise me if Odd showed up and kicked the mad doctor's butt in his own humble way and showed Carson and Michael that there really is more than one way to skin a cat.

1 comment:

Booklogged said...

I love how Koontz teaches such powerful lessons while he thoroughly entertains us. Looking forward to starting this series soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...