Saturday, June 30, 2012

Book Review - The Healing Code by Alex Loyd and Ben Johnson


This one came highly recommended so I dived into it with earnest intent.  I loved it...that is until I got to the actual code.  Then I got pretty squeamish about the whole thing.  The idea of the book is that all of our maladies, be they physical or emotional, are the direct result of stress.  By stress they mean something deeper more non-nondescript that the pressure of deadlines and rush hour traffic. Loyd and Johnson conclude that this deep "cellular" stress shuts off our immune system or at least slows it down.  So, the key to health is in figuring out a way to fire the immune system back up.  I buy that.

The authors explain in depth that our memories are stored at the cellular level and throughout our entire bodies.  The brain is just the central processor.  I can also buy into this.  We once had a Shetland Sheep dog we raise from a pup.  His name was Pepper.  His mother had given birth to him in an urban apartment and we took him home to live in a city house and it's back yard.  He had most certainly never seen a sheep.  One day when he was about 9 or 10 months old we took a family drive on the mountain.  Pepper was in the back seat with the kids.  We were driving slowly through the mountain woods on a dirt road.  The windows were open and we were enjoying the cool mountain air.  Rounding a bend we encountered a grazing herd of sheep in a pretty meadow.  When Pepper saw the sheep he bolted out the window, sprinted into the herd, cut out about six head of sheep and separated them from the rest.  We apologized to the sheep herder as we called the dog back to the car.  He didn't want an apology; he wanted the dog!  Pepper had never laid eyes on a sheep but encoded in his DNA was all the memory he needed to know exactly what he was bred for and how and what to do with that knowledge.  It was astounding to say the least.  If that much memory can be stored in a dog's DNA, it isn't much of a leap to think the same and more could happen for us.

So, Loyd and Johnson make a case for the possibility that lies, fears and misperceptions are stored in us at the cellular level and that this "programming" not only controls us subconsciously, but causes us unhealthy stress.  I'm quite comfortable with all this.

Their solution though, is another matter.  They are Christians and include prayer as part of the process, but they also include some rather hocus pocus Chakra type energy alignment type stuff that gives me pause.  I can't quite see how "shining" my finger tips on my Adam's apple while thinking good thoughts is going to reprogram my cellular memory.  On the other hand, I suppose it couldn't hurt, so I've been taking it for a spin.  They have case studies of instant results after just one "shining."  Not so with me.  But, as I am not a quitter and am trying to be open minded instead of empty headed, I think its only fair to give it a good serious try before making my final assessment.  So, when I'm satisfied, one way or the other, I'll come back and let you know what I think.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

hi,
I'm looking forward for your opinion. did you change it? did you do the exercises? what is the result after 9 months?
thank you in advance
pj

Myke Weber said...

pj:

In the end, though I gave it a good try, I didn't feel that anything came of it. Perhaps, I just couldn't believe.

I kept having this niggling feeling that I was attempting to go around my Savior, rather than through Him. He is, after all, the way, the truth and the life.

Having changed my focus to Him I am doing much much better.

Unknown said...

I agree! I read the book. Tried it a few days, and kept praying daily for God to show me truth. I really got a check when the e mails came in, trying to get me signed in to a seminar/50.00/ learn other "codes" And finally after 8 days, God showed me, I believe, this is NOT of HIM. Buying "codes" HE is my healer, His word is my medicine. Deception is very big now in the last days. I will not be doing this, even if you do feel good at first, I believe is an open door to satan. I see it as energy work/ mixed in with a small prayer.

Linda Andi said...

I want to know where that covered bridge is. I think that place could do a lot for my stress especially the stress from having been scammed by my brother to pay 25 bucks for that stupid book!

Myke Weber said...

Linda, the bridge is east of Yachats, Oregon on a pretty little dead end road. Sorry about the $25.00.

Unknown said...

The immune system master key 10 words i am whole perfect strong powerful loving harmonious and happy...meditation system repeat 10 important words on the 528 hertz tone love frequency vibrates in back ground say words for 20 mins and do for 40 days video has nature pics lookup on youtube gets whole system working aural,visual,&imagination at same time to unlock can use healing codes to create more powerful healing (if u know please share here)this makes everything work better cells accept nutrition, vits etc enhance body to absorb open and accept in postive way attracting a higher vibrating and healthy lifestyle opens mind and body to healing (what are the 4 immune systems the finger exercises is it similar to jin shin jyutsu )or is it called shining finger tips anything else u know please share here.....

Unknown said...

I've read the book, and while it seems scientifically based and even has some sound psychology in it, there are those in the scientific community who claim the "cellular memory" theory is not legit. But at the end of the day its not the science that gives me pause: its the assertion that inner healing can happen without restoration of relationship with Christ. Sickness and death are a result of the Fall; the Fall is the breaking of relationship with God and with others (hence the Great Commandment to love God and love our neighbors. Therefore true inner healing (this is what Loyd claims his process is really about) is a manifestation of reconciliation with God; it isn't done in isolation as a self-initiated action. Loyd claims the exercises get at the heart of lies, but the lies that create death in the body are the lies we believe about God--who he is and who we are in relation to him. I don't see anything that indicates that we need to renounce the lies we believe in our hearts which separate us from God. (At the end he talks about being "healed" of laziness through this process. We don't get healed from laziness or any other character defect, we renounce it and start making different choices.) This omission reveals this book as just another self-help product, un-Christian and ungodly. At the core these exercises, done on the self by the self, are merely attempts to take control over the forces of nature because we don't want to be bothered with God or to make a willful act of repentance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...