Monday, July 20, 2009

Book Review - RELENTLESS by Dean Koontz


Pursued by unrelenting, seemingly unstoppable monsters, Cubby, Penny, Milo and Lassie flee for their very lives. It seems there's no place to hide.

Typical of Koontz and yet, as always, fresh and imaginative, the author warmly tells another cold and chilling story. His writing is, at once, light and breezy, tight and suspenseful, deep and insightful, fun and friendly. A few hours with Dean Koontz is always a respite in my busy, ordinary life. I love it.

I spoke the other day of the rare opportunities Josh and I had to celebrate our friendship. I mentioned how we rushed to catch up and frantically tried to drink of the waters of companionship sufficiently to keep us until the next visit. So it is with Dean Koontz. I consider him a trusted friend. It only takes seconds to catch up and then we plunge into another exciting conversation. While we have never met or spoken, it's become as if we know one another's thoughts, anticipate each other's needs, finish each other's sentences. Reading anyone else is like a lecture when compared with the confidential, private chat I get to have with Dean.

All of which, I anticipate with each of his novels, and yet I always come away surprised!

Can't wait for Dead and Alive, the third in Koontz's Frankenstein series, comes out later this month!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...